Thursday, January 12, 2012

small furry dogs....

While we were in Savannah visiting Richard's brother we were introduced to their little Shi-poo dog "Oreo".  Oh man....I took to that dog like glue. He was just the right size for neck snuggling...and he loved to be rubbed.  He did this cute little butt scoot when he would run around.  I found myself taking him on walks and taking him from the kids just so I could rub his soft fur.  I think I was going through withdrawals.....

He reminded me of another small furry dog.....


we had to put her down in 2o11 (or as Nate would say..."she was assassinated by the doctor" .  


In her glory days she had more fur and wasn't covered in those age spots....and could hear...and see...and liked to snuggle....


I sure miss that little girl.  She was so easy to carry!  And fit under your arm perfectly.   And just loved to sit by you on the couch while you did whatever.  And loved to sleep under the covers.  And would lick my feet.   She never once thought my feet were stinky...such a sweet girl.  

Playing with Oreo also made me miss this little "big" guy......

I was very happy to see him when we returned home...he is 3x the size of little Cricket and doesn't like to just 'hang out' on the couch with me while I am watching TV....but he is so fun to snuggle with when he is sleeping.....but don't stay long because he likes his space!
I am already planning when i will get another little furry dog.....it may be a few years away....but it is good to have a plan!

1 comment:

  1. Poodles should be pure-blooded, not mixed with other breeds. The Poodle is far the superior dog and doesn't need anyone else's genes!

    ReplyDelete

word to your mother...